Frost is the small white ice crystals on the grass and trees on very cold mornings. Or on your windshield when you use washer fluid in the winter! Try making frost in your home.
What you need:
- Empty metal can (soup, coffee or fruit will do)
- Crushed ice
- Piece of paper
What you do:
- Fill the empty metal can about 2/3 full with crushed ice.
- Spill about a teaspoon of water on a piece of paper.
- Set the can on top of it.
- Fill the remainder of the can with salt and mix it into the ice.
- Keep mixing until frost starts to appear on the outside of the can.
This experiment is especially fun for our warm weather families and schools who may not see frost or snow very often!