Geocaching is a free real-world outdoor treasure hunt. Take a walk in your city or a hike in a park and find a treasure you can take home! Players try to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, using a smartphone or GPS. Near where you live are dozens of secret packages just waiting for you to find them!
What you need:
- A good pair of shoes
- A cellphone or GPS
- A small toy to trade for a prize in the cache
What you do:
- Browse for interesting geocaches at www.geocaching.com.
- Find the cache, sign the logbook and see what others have left behind.
- Choose a treasure to take home.
- Leave a treasure for the next finder.
- Share your experience with other treasure seekers.
Want more? Experiment and discover…
Look for geocaches everywhere you travel this summer. Try to find easy, medium and difficult caches! My favorites are ones hidden in trees a few feet off the ground that require a bit of climbing.