Even though you might like eating Skittles, they also make a really neat-o shiny/glossy paint. It takes a little patience to extract the color that gives the paint its shiny gloss, but it’s worth the wait. So colorful, fun to use, and an unexpected surprise from a candy treat. Let’s learn how to make shiny skittles paint!
What you need:
- Large bag of Skittles candy
- Small jars or bowls. One for each color.
- Light corn syrup
- Paint brushes
- White paper
What you do:
1. Sort the different Skittles candy colors into each individual jar (about half way up).
2. Add corn syrup to cover the candies.
3. Let sit for about 4 hours so the color can “melt” into the corn syrup.
4. Stir the colors to mix thoroughly into the corn syrup.
5. Begin painting with a brush and paper using the Skittles paint and see what happens!
The paint will be glossy and shiny, with a great pop of color. Be sure to let your artwork dry completely before displaying your art.