Kids who eat breakfast do better in school, are more likely to participate in physical activities, and tend to eat healthier overall. However, mornings can be hectic, especially the first week of school.
A balance of protein and carbs gives kids energy to start the day and energy to last all morning. Try a few of these ideas to make breakfast simple and get your kids off to school on the right foot!
- Whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter and bananas
- Oatmeal with fruit and nuts
- Whole grain bagel with cheese
- Breakfast taco (whole wheat tortilla with cheese folded in half and microwaved)
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
- Yogurt, fruit and granola parfait
- Scrambled egg scramble (Eggs with ham, cheddar and chives)
- Eggs in a hole (Poke a hole in a piece of toast, put in a non-stick fry pan and crack an egg into the hole. Cook and flip until egg is cooked through.)