Bubbles are one of summer’s guilty pleasures! Make your own bubble solution and bounce bubbles in your hands. Plus, blow as many sizes and shapes of bubble as you want. You’ll never believe what the trick to bouncing bubble is …
What you need:
- 1 cup distilled drinking water
- 1 tablespoon dish soap
- 1 teaspoon glycerin
- Straw or bubble wand
- Clean sock
What you do:
- Mix distilled water, dish soap and glycerin in a bowl. Let sit for 24 hours before using.
- Blow bubbles using a bubble wand or straw.
- Place the clean sock on your hand.
- Capture a bubble on the sock and bounce gently.
- Watch what happens!
- How many times can you bounce the bubble without it popping?
- Try other materials like gloves, a scarf, or your shirt. Do they help the bubble to bounce as well?
Why does it work?
A bubble is really just air wrapped up in a thin film of soap! Why do they pop? They are always going to pop eventually but oil and dirt are the most common causes of bubble death! Using a sock avoids both of these so should keep your bubbles ‘alive’ as long as possible!