Epsom salt crystals are sparkling clear crystals that grow quickly and easily. A fun, safe science experiment, growing a crystal garden can often take a long time. But epsom salt crystal only take a few hours to overnight to change their shape and form into intricate works of beauty. Add a little food coloring and let the magic begin!
What you need:
- Epsom Salt
- Clean glass jar
- Liquid watercolors or food coloring
What you do:
- Add 1 cup of Epsom salt to the glass jar.
- Warm 1 cup of water for 1 minute in microwave.
- Add food color to the warm water.
- Pour the warm, colored water into the jar with salt.
- Stir until salt is mostly dissolved.
- Put the jar in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Move the jar to the refrigerator and leave it overnight, crystals may begin to grow as quickly as 3 hours.
- Once crystals are present and a size you like, carefully pour out the extra liquid.