Bowling is a classic summer activity. But bowling at HOME can be so much better! Set this activity up on a rainy day indoors or on a sunny day outdoors. Learning how to create fair rules, new challenges and winning strategies are one of the great opportunities that summer offers to build social/emotional skills.
What you need:
- 3-12 Empty water or soda bottles
- Noodles, beads or sand
- Rubber ball
- Flat surface
What you do:
- Fill the water bottles 1/4 full with the sand if outdoors, or beads if indoors, to weight the bottoms of the bowling pins.
- Position the bowling pins into a triangle shape.
- Mark a line with chalk if outdoors, or paper if indoors, about 15 feet from the pins.
- Roll the rubber ball towards the pins
- Tally the number of pins knocked down to keep score.