Still no snow? You can make your own snow right at home! Try this fun activity and learn how to grow your own snowflake. With a little bit of science and magic, you can add sparkle to the winter time!
What you need:
- Pipe Cleaner
- Glass Jar
- Boiling Water
- Optional: Food Dye
What you do:
- Twist three pipe cleaners together into a snowflake shape.
- Take one pipe cleaner and cut into 1” pieces and twist at ends to form snowflake shape.
- Tie string to one end of snowflake and tie the other end around the middle of a pencil.
- Pour boiling water into glass jar.
- Add 3 tbs of Borax ( 3 tbs per cup) to boiling water in glass jar and mix.
- Lay pencil across the top of the glass jar so that the snowflake hangs into the jar.
- Let snowflake hang in jar overnight.
In the morning you’ll wake up to a wonderful crystal snowflake. Don’t forget to share your results with us on Facebook.
Want more? Experiment and discover…
Add food dye to water to make a colored snowflake!