Snow globes are a magical way to bring winter into your home even if you live somewhere where it doesn’t snow! With a handful of plastic toys and glitter you can turn that old spaghetti jar or baby food jar into a keepsake or a gift for friends and family.
My boys enjoyed making homemade snow globes with baby food jars in the summer time too with superhero figurines fighting for their freedom!
What you need:
- A glass jar with a tight lid
- Boiled water
- Liquid glycerin
- Heavy glitter
- Plastic figurines and objects
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue your figure to the lid of the jar.
- Add boiled water to nearly fill the jar.
- Add a couple drops of glycerin.
- Add a tablespoon or so of glitter.
- When the figure and its glue are dry, screw the lid tightly to the jar.
- Flip over and enjoy!
A few tips…
Boiled water keeps bacteria from growing inside the jar. The glycerin slows down the falling glitter making a swirling effect.