Homemade ice cream is a simple experiment, recipe or pleasure – you decide! Whatever you think, try it today with your favorite flavors and mix-ins!
What you need:
- Ice cubes
- Half and Half
- Vanilla extract
- Medium and large ziplock bag
- Mix-ins – candy, cookies, fruit
What you do:
- In the medium size plastic bag, mix together:
1 cup half and half
2 Tbs sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
- In the large plastic bag, combine:
1/2 cup salt, rock salt or large chunk Kosher salt works best
Ice cubes to fill bag
- Place the medium size bag inside the large bag of ice.
- Seal the larger bag and shake for 5 minutes until the ice cream mixture hardens.
- Remove the ice cream bag and stir in mix-ins like crushed cookies, chocolate chips, or fresh fruit.