Do you think you would float more easily in the salty ocean or in a bath tub? Try this fun experiment and learn the answer!
What you need:
- Clear Glass
What you do:
- Fill a glass with warm water.
- Carefully lower the egg into the water. Does it float?
- Take out the egg.
- Add salt to the water. Stir until salt is absorbed.
- Carefully lower the egg into the water again. Does it float?
- Keep adding salt and repeating steps 4 & 5 until the egg floats.
- How much salt did you have to add to get the egg to float? Alot or a little?
Want more? Experiment and discover…
Does salt mix into water more easily if the water is cold or warm?
Do other objects float more easily in salt water?