Painting big, colorful pictures and patterns outdoors is a fun way to be messy and creative! A great way to use up left over bits of sidewalk chalk, sidewalk chalk paint is easy to make and easy to clean up.
What You Need:
- Sidewalk Chalk
- Plastic bag
- Plastic cups
- Hammer or rolling pin
- Paint brushes
- Concrete or other hard surface
What You Do:
- Put sidewalk chalk of similar colors into the plastic bag.
- Crush chalk into a sandy texture with the rolling pin.
- Pour crushed chalk into a plastic cup.
- Add water and mix to thin paint consistency.
- Start painting!
Want more? Experiment and discover…
- Blend colors with your brush or with the chalk stick powders.
- Use hands and feet to create patterns.
- Try sponges as a paint brush.