Play catch, launch at targets, play tag! Sponge bombs are the summer alternative to snowballs. Make a hot day lots of fun with a bucket of water full of sponge bombs!
What you need:
- Three sponges
- Scissors (or knife and a cutting board)
- Hair rubber band or string
- Bucket of water
What you do:
- Cut the sponge into five long strips each about 1/2 inch wide. Do the same with all three sponges.
- Lay the strips in a block stacked 3 high and five wide.
- Twist a pony tail holder around the middle of the bunch to hold the sponge strips together. (Or use string to tie the middle.)
- Spread out strips to fluff up the sponges into a ball shape.
Now simply add a bucket of water and set the kids loose outside! They will figure out lots of fun ways to stay cool and have fun!